• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moved from lane unsafely

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trs73

What is the name of your state? NY

I was driving on the Taconic Parkway (NY) about a week ago when I hit some ice causing my car to strike the guard rail. My car was damaged but I didn't hit into any other cars. The officer at the scene asked how fast I was going and I said "I don't know, maybe 65, I was keeping up with traffic all around me. He then wrote me a ticket for (moved from lane unsafely). If I didn't have control over moving from my lane because of ice and there is no proof of me speeding could i fight this charge. Is the fact that I hit the guard rail make me guilty of moving from lane unsafely?

FlyingRon

If you were south of the Saw Mill River Parkway, you confessed to speeding.

The fact that you lost control on the ice is an indication you were going too fast for conditions.

The fact you departed your lane and struck the wall is at odds with the requirement to stay in lane in lane until you can move from it safely.

If the fine/points on this is less than the speeding ticket, he may have done you a favor.

trs73

moved from lane unsafely

I was north of Saw mill parkway. How is saying I don't know how fast I was going, maybe 65 an admission of speeding. I honestly don't know how fast I was going. The car in front of me tapped slid a little, I tapped my brakes and then I slid into the guard rail. Is there any defense to this charge?

FlyingRon

I was north of Saw mill parkway. How is saying I don't know how fast I was going, maybe 65 an admission of speeding.
Because south of the parkway the seedlimit is 55. Saying you were going 65 is a confession.

Nothing you say exculpates you from unsafe driving in some form or another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">