• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving out of NY before the ticket trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

priy_mech

What is the name of your state? NY

I have a speeding ticket of 103/65 in New York State by State Trooper. But i just got a employment opportunity in Connecticut and would be moving out of NY much before the trial date permenantly. what options do i have under these circumstances specially regarding the points, would they be transferred to a new Connecticut licence

jity

I would apply for the new state license immediately after securing a new residency – Most states let alone cities do not share driving violations and especially driver’s points – but can share warrants. Apply for new insurance – drop your old once moved. Pay a huge ticket – Your lucky you didn’t go to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">