• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving vioaltion vs non moving violation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nmto

What is the name of your state?
TX
What is the difference? just curious as i go ticket for the same items twice in 2 years, first time was a non moving violation (was dismissed) , second time was a moving violation, (pending outcome of court date).

i am talking about front license plate not be on the bumper... but rather on the front winshield of the car.
i know the law required two plate in texas , but the law does not specify the location of the plate.
Just curious on why (in both case i was driving on the road) the violation are different with moving vs non moving? before i go to court...
Thank

seniorjudge

nmto said:
What is the name of your state?
TX
What is the difference? just curious as i go ticket for the same items twice in 2 years, first time was a non moving violation (was dismissed) , second time was a moving violation, (pending outcome of court date).

i am talking about front license plate not be on the bumper... but rather on the front winshield of the car.
i know the law required two plate in texas , but the law does not specify the location of the plate.
Just curious on why (in both case i was driving on the road) the violation are different with moving vs non moving? before i go to court...
Thank
Sounds like a non-moving violation to me (i.e., tag location) since you could have gotten a ticket for that if the car was sitting still and not running.

racer72

nmto said:
Wrong. Your state requires the front license plate to be attached to the front of the vehicle and below the vehicle headlights. It is also must be plainly visible. If the law did not specify where the license plate was to be located, you would not have received a ticket.

nmto

racer72 said:
Wrong. Your state requires the front license plate to be attached to the front of the vehicle and below the vehicle headlights. It is also must be plainly visible. If the law did not specify where the license plate was to be located, you would not have received a ticket.
The first one was dismissed after i printed to the judge the code of transportation and the DPS page stating clearly that location was not defined by the law and my license is plain wiew visible it is mounted on a special custom made bracket on my front window with no edging touching any portion of the license or the wording of the plate. Is anything changed in the last few month on this? Where did you find that the license plate has to be located below the vehicle headlight?. I researched code of transportation and DPS and found nothing on this for Texas.. Just trying to be sure before my court date. i beleive the officier stopped just because my car, (show car new and sparkly) and since he could not find anything wrong with papers (insurance and other...) he digged "out" to tag me on something. i did tell him about the code of transportation and told him my last ticket on that matter for one of my other car was dismissed but he did not buy it and still wrote me up. Matter fact he went through my all car looking for something to find and wrote me up for my window sticker (sunscreen rating tag not installed by the dealer)... (on a new car) and keep harassing me but could not find anything else.. i think he expected to see a teeneger in that car with all kind of problems, unfortunatly it was a mature adult (me), driving one of my "show car" to work like i do every friday..
please let me know where you found that rule "under the headlight" i would appreciate.

nmto

seniorjudge said:
Sounds like a non-moving violation to me (i.e., tag location) since you could have gotten a ticket for that if the car was sitting still and not running.
Could i use that for a dismissal argument that the ticket may be improperly coded??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">