• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dlara

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I was issued a ticket for speeding 44 in a 25mph zone in addition it was construction zone.
My question is, while I was speeding, the 25mph zone sign was on the other side of intersection I had already crossed where the main construction was happening. I was in the southbound lane, and pulled over right before a contruction end sign however the northbound lane only has signage for 35 mph, and I was in the flow of traffic. I have photographs of the signage and how far away the 25mph signage is from where I was pulled over. Can this ticket be thrown out or reduced in court due to signage? It was $150.

FlyingRon

Where you were pulled over means nothing. Where you were observed at a given speed is the operative principal. The speed limits take effect at the sign. If you were doing 44 after the 25 but before the 35 sign you were guilty of 44-in-a-25.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I was issued a ticket for speeding 44 in a 25mph zone in addition it was construction zone.
My question is, while I was speeding, the 25mph zone sign was on the other side of intersection I had already crossed where the main construction was happening. I was in the southbound lane, and pulled over right before a contruction end sign however the northbound lane only has signage for 35 mph, and I was in the flow of traffic. I have photographs of the signage and how far away the 25mph signage is from where I was pulled over. Can this ticket be thrown out or reduced in court due to signage? It was $150.
**A: 25 or 35, you were still going faster than the posted speed limit on the signage.

I_Got_Banned

And using the "flow of traffic" argument usually does not work in court.

You had to have done something different that made you stand out.

There was a time when I got pulled over & cited for speeding. When I asked the officer "why me & not the other driver?" He simply smiled & said: "you're driving a more expensive car; I figured you can afford to pay the ticket more than the other driver!"

Another time I was told: "you slowed down when you saw me so I caught up with you first".

Go figure!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">