• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I recieved a Ticket in Illinois - Illinois Citation and Complaint
I was befor the judge and plead guilty and paid the fine.
The record say:
The charge in the file is: Charge: ILLEG STOPPING/STANDING/PKING
In the file: ILLEG STOPPING/STANDING/PKING is link to: State IL CS 625 5/11 - 1303
In the file is written:
Defendant present prose; Defendant enters a plea of guilty; waiver;
Defendant sentenced to Conviction; $300 total .
WAIVER AND PLEA OF GUILTY DEFERRED ORDER
..PAID IN FULL..
My Question:
1.Is this Violation Moving Violation in Illinois
2.Will this violation appear in my Moving Violation Record (MVR)

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

By what you posted, I would say yes it is a moving violation even thought the description might give the impresssion that it is a parking citation. As I've NEVER seen a parking violation that costs $300.

If you would post the vehicle code section you violated (should be on your citation) someone might be better able to answer your question.

mol

The charge in the file is: Charge: ILLEG STOPPING/STANDING/PKING
In the file: ILLEG STOPPING/STANDING/PKING is link to: State IL CS 625 5/11 - 1303

According to the Code 625 ILCS 5/16-104 every person convicted of a violation of any provision of the Code for which another penalty is not provided shall, for the first or second conviction be guilty of a petty offense.
The fine for • Petty Offense is fine of $1 to $1,000 .
Addition to the fine the convicted person must pay the court fees, which are usually close to $200.

Last edited:

patstew

By what you posted, I would say yes it is a moving violation even thought the description might give the impresssion that it is a parking citation. As I've NEVER seen a parking violation that costs $300.
We had a parking ticket for which the judge charged the offender $350.

It was a handicap parking offense, which carries a minimum fine of $250 in my state. This guy denied that he was even in the city at the time the citation was given (though apparently he never denied that the vehicle was there) and acted like a butthead when found guilty -- refused to pay on the spot -- so the judge hit him for more.

I think he went to jail, too. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">