• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Violation fine vs red light violation photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danamay13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

What is the fine in Illinois for running a red light during a right hand turn for an actual moving violation (policeman stop)?

I know the red light violation camera fine is $100.00.

Also, I hit my breaks before making the right hand turn, but I did not come to a full stop. Should I contest or just pay?

racer72

If you had used your brakes instead of your breaks, you would not have gotten a ticket. Pay the fine.

I_Got_Banned

What is the fine in Illinois for running a red light during a right hand turn for an actual moving violation (policeman stop)?
What difference does it make?
I know the red light violation camera fine is $100.00.
Then you can assume it is the same if it were written by an officer.

Also, I hit my breaks before making the right hand turn, but I did not come to a full stop.
Just the fact that you ask the question leads me to believe that you already know the answer. Trust your instincts a bit more...
Should I contest or just pay?
In light of what you posted, I cannot see a single reason that would validate any sort of defense..., so based on your question: just pay!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">