• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving violation or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pagra

What is the name of your state?
California

Recently I was cited for not wearing a seatbelt and rightly so.The officer told me that if I payed my fine it would not show up on my DMV record.
So imagine my surprise when my HR person at work summoned me to tell me that our insurer had reported a "moving violation" on my record from this incident. Bad enough but if I receive another within three years, I could be subject to dismissal.
I contested this and told her that I would to find out whether or not this violation was considered a moving violation or not. She smugly said she would give me a few days.
I thought that even though thid was a citeable offense that I could not be considered a moving violation because I was`nt operating the motor vehic;e.
What`s the skinny????
Pagra in California

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">