• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Violation out of state with instate plates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

st0rmy

Okay here is the story. I am from Delaware. We went to florida for spring break and one of my friends has a condo and a car (registered in florida with florida plates) there. That night i was the designated driver and at around 3 in the morning, i guess i didn't see a "no left turn" sign and a officer pulled me over and wrote me a ticket. In the state of Florida i guess this is does not require court because it's marked down on my ticket. My question is, is this going to get reported to me on my driving record and affect my insurance even tho i wasnt driving in my state or my own car? Also is there a chance this ticket may never get put into the system, because it's been over a week now since it happened, and the officer still hasn't entered it into the system. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Hey There

Driving out of State

4-11-08
st0rmy

1. What was the vehicle code you were cited with?
What does it say?
2. Florida gets the $/Delaware assigns the points
3. Florida has an Affidavit of Defence
Info is on Google FLORIDA RULES OF TRAFFIC COURT
Ruls 6.340 (Click onto page 15)
4.The points in Delaware aren't assigned until Delaware is notified
that either the bail has been paid of the driver has been found
guilty of the violation.
5. Traffic School is an option to remove points.
Google--Delaware Traffic Schools
6. Google
Delaware Traffic Tickets
and click on sites on first page.
Hope this helps

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">