• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving; will ticket in former state show up in new state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mary6108

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

I currently live in Georgia and just got two speeding tickets in the month of January. I was going to go to court and try to handle this, but recently got offered a position in Illinois and will be moving almost immediately.

I need to know, will this record show up on my Illinois record if I just decide to pay off the tickets before moving? I've been seriously considering just driving down from Illinois to take care of this on the particular days (at least four total; 2 for pleading, 2 for the case itself), but it will cost almost the same if not less to just pay the tickets. But I HAVE to know if they'll then turn around and report it to Illinois, who will then in turn gouge me on Insurance charges (I hear they do not have a point system).

My insurance company is currently Allstate, if anyone knows about this. My cost of insurance was under control because not only was I a safe driver with no tickets, I was on my Mother's policy who has multiple policies with them. I still have to figure out how the state to state move will work out with them, but if someone can give me a hint on their reporting policies, that could really be a start. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">