• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emanuelefrank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PAWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

My wife just received a speeding ticket using enradd. This is her only ticket after 51 years of driving. What is the wisest approach to this hearing as she and her passenger, also an older woman, insist she was not speeding.

I_Got_Banned

she and her passenger, also an older woman, insist she was not speeding.
With all due respect to all three of you, was her passenger also watching the speedometer?

Anyway, you need to post more details about the circumstances that she was cited under as well as some pertinent information off of the citation.

Maestro64

Based on my Knowledge of ENRADD, it the most accurate methods of obtaining someone speed of any of the systems out there. The only possible error that comes into play is if the unit was not in eye shot of the patrol car operating the unit. It will measures speed speed in both direction so if the officer can not see the unit another car heading in the opposite direction could register a speed and officer may think it the one coming toward them verse away from them.

Just so you ENRADD and transmit the speed up to 2000 ft so the officer and the unit can be anywhere. I have seen where the officer can not see the unit and just assumes the next car come pass him was the one they triggered the speed.

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PAWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

My wife just received a speeding ticket using enradd. This is her only ticket after 51 years of driving. What is the wisest approach to this hearing as she and her passenger, also an older woman, insist she was not speeding.
She should go to court and plead "Not Guily" and try to get a plea bargain.

Her LONG and spotless driving record will work in her favor.

Her witnesses testimony is basically useless. One - the speedo in the car is not certified to any degree of accuracy even if it was being watched by the witness like a hawk...

Two (and more importantly) - the witness is not an impartial one. not even close

Maestro64

As noted about above, if you fight the ticket many time in local police will approach you in court and see if you would agree to a 5 over and not point ticket, they may even go as little as failure to obey a traffic control device which is lower fine and not points.

bolo

if you decide to fight it, and i suggest you do if she is innocent, you can point out that the ENRADD device can be inaccurate if the beams are not at EXACTLY the same height, which is likely impossible for the officer to achieve.

ask the officer if he measured the height of each beam and to within what accuracy. ask him if he measured the beams at the road edge or in the lane where your wife's car passed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">