• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJPSIU

When i was 16 I had court supervision for an accident. A year and a half later I recieved a ticket for speeding. Tonight a year and a half after my second ticket I recieved a ticket for going 43 in a 30. My question is whether under Illinois law my liscense will be suspended for the offense, or is there any way I would be eligible to apply for court supervision again? (because of the time frame in between violations) Any advise would be appreciated.

V

Vincent Cosent

Dont worry!!!

Your liscense gets suspended when you get three moving violiations in one year.So your ok on that.
Generally court supervision is offered in traffic offenses like speeding as a means of keeping the offense from your insurance company.It used to be that you pay ten dollars more on your fine and it dont get on your record.However court supervision in the case of drunk driving or an accident probably has court ordered stipulations attached.If you had any orders attached to your court supervision for your accident this might be a different story.And could possibly cause your liscense to be suspended.You must read it if its in writing.
Also if you live at home with parents be sure to let them know of your ticket if your on their insurance.Just advice.

J

JJPSIU

Thanks for the advice. But there's still one thing that bothers me, I checked the Secretary of State website and it said 2 moving violations in 2 years will suspend your liscense. Since I'm under 21 that applies to me. So would there be any possible way of avoiding a suspended liscense? Or will I just have to pray the officer doesn't show up for the court appearance?

V

Vincent Cosent

Checked it out

Sorry!Age plays a part.Three violiations in a year if over age 21.
Two violiations in two years if under age 21.
The Secretary Of State will notify you and if you qualify for a restricted liscense.That might be like only to use your car for going to work or school.And its temporary so if you behave you will have full privelages returned.
Speeding tickets are almost impossible to win unless the cop dont show.
I would go to court and plead guilty and get court supervision.
The Sec. of State will notify you later about your suspension and conditions.
And slow down cause it aint worth it.Sorry!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">