• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple Traffic Violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadMonkey

What is the name of your state? IL
One week ago I was given a ticket for an outdated sticker on my car as well as an expired drivers liscense.
One week later I was in an accident and was issued two more tickets for the same 2 items.
what are my rights?
Thanks

gawm

Are you tickets in the same court? If you renew you license and registration before your court date there is a pretty good chance they will reduce the fines. However if you go in front of the same judge a second time and he remembers you, I would not expect him to reduce it. Good luck!

CadMonkey

It was two separate Counties that I received the tickets in.
At the scene of my accident, the cop wrote up two tickets.
I told him and showed him the two tickets I got the week before.
He took the tickets with him and let me go.
I then found the two tickets in my mailbox when I got home later that day.

racer72

You can be ticketed every 15 minutes till you fix the cause of the tickets. You really aren't stupid enough to believe a previous ticket is a license to continue to violate the law?

gawm

Let's see if I got this right, a ticket for expired reg, a ticket for expired license in one county and the same two tickets in another. It was a mistake to show the cop the first two. My advice is still the same. Renew your license and registration before your court dates. There is a good chance then the judges will reduce the fines. Good luck!

sukharev

CadMonkey said:
What is the name of your state? IL
One week ago I was given a ticket for an outdated sticker on my car as well as an expired drivers liscense.
One week later I was in an accident and was issued two more tickets for the same 2 items.
what are my rights?
Thanks
You have the right to continue violating the law, and receiving tickets, jail time, you name it. You also have the right to fix the problems, and not worry about being caught again. You choose (see, right of choice, too)...

Sorry for my sarcasm, but you really do need to fix the problems, and that would be it. You would have to plead guilty on both tickets, but may get a break from the judge if you manage to fix everything beforehand.

efflandt

I cannot see why anyone should give you a break as a repeat offender. You cannot use the excuse that you did not know (not that it matters).

Did you have state required proof of insurance, and is that going to cover your accident without a drivers license?

I know it surprised me to find Sec. of State office in Elgin closed for unknown atmospheric conditions. So I had to apply for one plate sticker on-line for an extra fee (due in a few days) and mailed the other one in (due a month later).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">