• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple violations in MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gimmeABreak3145

What is the name of your state?Minnesota. I was sitting in my wife's car in my driveway with the door open. A cop pulls up behind me with his lights on. I didn't notice he was there until I looked in the rear view mirror. He comes up to the car and asks for drivers license and insurance. I could provide neither as I couldn't find her insurance card (until later). I gave him my debit card. He ran my name and came back. He wrote me a ticket for No MN drivers license, no proof of insurance and speeding (70 in a 55 supposedly). Seeing as how I was sitting in my own driveway, I can't quite understand the speeding. Albeit, sitting in the driver's seat is probably enough to screw most anyone I guess.

The DL problem is being taken care of. I've had my DL and/or other state IDs stolen twice in the past year. It's quite a hassle to get a new one by the way. I later went along that road with someone where we found no posted speed limit signs. Not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions. I've been to court before and believe me...cops are liars thru and thru. They'll sell their own soul for a ticket on their quota. And for all of you out there who are martyrs for the cause and think that speeding tickets are justified...piss off.

seniorjudge

And for all of you out there who are martyrs for the cause and think that speeding tickets are justified...piss off.

With your wonderful and warm attitude, I am certain you will people just clamoring to help you here.

I will stand by and read all the tons of responses!

:D

gimmeABreak3145

warm response

No offense intended against anyone who might actually view the police to be "incorrect" sometimes. I merely made statement after reading a number of forums on numerous sights only to find that there are alot of people who think that the police are right no matter what and that think all people deserve the charges against them. My bro-in-law is a county sheriff in another county in this state and he doesn't buy the police arguments 5/10 times. He says most of the time the cop won't even bother to pull you over unless:

a.) He is at the end of his/her shift and wants to meet ticket quota.
b.) You actually are speeding AND driving recklessly (i.e. weaving).
c.) He/she needs a fresh doughnut and needs to drive somewhere anyway. :D

Most cops are all right. There are still a few supercops that watched Police Academy a few too many times though.

gimmeABreak3145 said:
No offense intended against anyone who might actually view the police to be "incorrect" sometimes. I merely made statement after reading a number of forums on numerous sights only to find that there are alot of people who think that the police are right no matter what and that think all people deserve the charges against them. My bro-in-law is a county sheriff in another county in this state and he doesn't buy the police arguments 5/10 times. He says most of the time the cop won't even bother to pull you over unless:

a.) He is at the end of his/her shift and wants to meet ticket quota.
b.) You actually are speeding AND driving recklessly (i.e. weaving).
c.) He/she needs a fresh doughnut and needs to drive somewhere anyway. :D

Most cops are all right. There are still a few supercops that watched Police Academy a few too many times though.
You are an idiot and full of ****. get a clue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">