• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my friend used my name to get a ticket in fla!! please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crystylega

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ga
i am a georgia resident and recently found out that a person i thought was a friend used my name without my permission and got a ticket in fla. she has no license and a warrant out for her arrest(shes in jail now for the warrant) When she told me they just gave her a ticket and let her go i got kind of suspicious so i waited like a week and went to the website where i could pay fla tickets online and entered my dob and drivers license number and a $248 speeding ticket popped up!!! when i asked her why she lied to me she said i was gonna tell you but im gonna pay it. and i told her no i dont want this on my driver record. i contacted the clerk of court in the county for the ticket and they told me i had to write the judge and send him certified copies of my signature. and he would contact me. im going to the post office tomorrow to mail that. my question is what should i do to ensure she can not use my name again? i have zero points on my license and i am 29!!! someone also told me i should file charges against her. if i did that would it have to be in florida or could i do it here? please help i dont know what to do?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ga
i am a georgia resident and recently found out that a person i thought was a friend used my name without my permission and got a ticket in fla. she has no license and a warrant out for her arrest(shes in jail now for the warrant) When she told me they just gave her a ticket and let her go i got kind of suspicious so i waited like a week and went to the website where i could pay fla tickets online and entered my dob and drivers license number and a $248 speeding ticket popped up!!! when i asked her why she lied to me she said i was gonna tell you but im gonna pay it. and i told her no i dont want this on my driver record. i contacted the clerk of court in the county for the ticket and they told me i had to write the judge and send him certified copies of my signature. and he would contact me. im going to the post office tomorrow to mail that. my question is what should i do to ensure she can not use my name again? i have zero points on my license and i am 29!!! someone also told me i should file charges against her. if i did that would it have to be in florida or could i do it here? please help i dont know what to do?
**A: throw your friend in jail. How did the cops write a ticket with an id?

Banned_Princess

Sometimes, cops will use your name and DOB to get your license number to write the ticket.

I don't know why they would do so on a license from another state, but its not totally out of the question.

crystylega

in ga she would of went to jail for not having proof of license on her while driving i can't believe they just let her go:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">