• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my traffic citation invalid??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shalini40

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I got a citation for speeding at 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. The cop wrote the wrong date on the ticket. He wrote Wednesday, the 11th day of November 2002. Wednesday is actaully the 13th. Does that make the ticket invalid?
Please help.

S

shalini40

Thanks a lot abezon. I'm planning to contest the ticket & request the citation to be waived....It's a $102 fine and 5 points. I have been driving for 3 years and have never been pulled over. So this is my first offence. Will the mistake in the date help me in any way....I'm not trying to be smart here.. I'm just worried about the points and want them waived. Any suggestions??
Thanks a lot.

JETX

"Any suggestions??"

1) Don't speed.
2) You will say, "Your Honor, I feel that this ticket should be dismissed since the date is incorrect.". The judge will say, "And what is wrong with the date?". You will say, "I was actually speeding on the 13th, not on the 11th". Judge will say, "Fine, we will correct the ticket. Guilty".

abezon

Ask the judge to send you to traffic school. It costs more but there are no points on your record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">