• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name incorrect on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fpilot

What is the name of your state? TX

Hi everyone! Newbie here. Really liked the things I read so I thought I would write. Ok, my first name on a speeding ticket is misspelled which makes it a completely different name. Do I have a case? :)

Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

fpilot said:
What is the name of your state? TX

Hi everyone! Newbie here. Really liked the things I read so I thought I would write. Ok, my first name on a speeding ticket is misspelled which makes it a completely different name. Do I have a case? :)

Thank you.
JUDGE: How does the defendant plea?

YOU: Not Guilty.

JUDGE: Are all parties present?

(both you and the officer answer affirmatively)

JUDGE: And are you george smith.

YOU: Yes sir, but the ticket is faulty.

JUDGE: Oh (raising his/her glasses to read) And how is the ticket faulty? Were you doing 80 in 65 mph zone?

YOU: Yes sir.

JUDGE: is your care as listed?

YOU: Yes sir.

JUDGE: Then, how is the ticket faulty?

YOU: Sir, my first name is misspelled.

JUDGE: Bring me the ticket young man.

(you approach and hand the judge the ticket.)

JUDGE (con't): And how is your name spelled normally?

(you tell him/her. The judge takes a pen out, scratches the name out and spells it correctly, handing you back the ticket).

JUDGE: Now, let's try this again. How do you plea?

YOU: (dejectedly) Guilty your honor.

JUDGE: Guilty. Pay the clerk on your way out.

Need I say more?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">