• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC DMV Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jays1187

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

This past summer, in July, i received a speeding ticket in Anderson, SC. Due to time and just being naive to the situation i decided to accept the charges and pay the fine on the ticket... then, this past December i received a letter from the NC DMV stating that my license would be suspended for 6 months due to a statute regarding "speeding out-of-state over 75mph"... i was traveling on I-85 when this happened. obviously, if i had known of this statute i would have gotten a lawyer in SC to deal with it... So i called the DMV and scheduled a hearing for the 21st of Jan... also to add to the situation.. i received another speeding ticket in NC in Nov :(... i dont know how that is going to affect my situation either, i have gotten a lawyer to deal with that and posted a continuance on it, moving my court case to Feb.

however... my real question is what is the best advice for dealing with my DMV hearing??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Maestro64

I think you want that lawyer you have for the one ticket to work on the other situation as well. The DMV is going to toast you otherwise. As you pointed out, you paid and admitted guilt and NC going to suspend your license no matter what.

The most you might hope to get out of it is a provisional license which allows you to drive to work if you work.

I am glad I live in a state that does not recognize out of state ticket, as long as you pay that is all they care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">