• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC License, Out of State Ticket - Can I use prayer for judgement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cthamburaj

What is the name of your state? NC

So, back in Oct. 2005, i received a speeding ticket in Ohio for 70ish in a 55mph (i don't remember the exact number). I pleaded guilty and paid the fine.

Now 3 months later, I received a notice in the mail from the north carolina DMV stating that my license will be suspended for 30 days. and I have 8 days to ask for a hearing before i have to send in my license.

Can I use a prayer for judgement in this case? or is it too late?

If i can use a PJC, how do i go about doing it?

If i can't, how should I try to obtain at least limited driving privileges?

Last edited:

Ouch! This happens automatically for any conviction more than 15 in or out of state.

Call the DMV and the court to find out what is possible.

If you need to drive, talking to a lawyer is highly recommended.

lwpat

I pleaded guilty and paid the fine.
Bad move. Never just pay an out of state ticket without knowing how it will effect your license and never take the advice of the officer. He has no idea except he wants you to pay and not fight the ticket.

If you want to have any chance of avoiding a suspension, immediately ask for the hearing, CRRR, and retain an attorney. I think the hearings are held in Raleigh and you need one that has handled similar cases. There is a find an attorney link on this site for references. Only if no one is listed send me a PM.

Congratulations are also on their way from your insurance company by the way of a major increase in your premiums.

cthamburaj

Pjc ?

So b/c i already pleaded out, do i have no chance of using the PJC?

lwpat said:
PJC is a Prayer for Judgement. Basically it is a "freebie" that one member of the household can take once every three years. NC will suspend your license for a 15mph+, either in state or out of state. This has caught a lot of NC drivers who have just paid an out of state ticket. Go in and talk to the ADA and take the PFJ, the clerk of court can tell you the hours. Probably not a problem but you are at the usual limit. If they won't deal retain an attorney.
can i not do what wasd prescribed above??

lwpat

No. A PFJ is only for NC drivers who receive a NC ticket and before they plead guilty by paying the ticket. Those were the conditions in the thread you quoted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">