• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC - speeding in school zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rikmoor

I live in North Carolina. Got a speeding ticket in a school zone - 38 in a 25. Didn't realize it was a school zone so I was caught off guard. To top it off, my license was expired. I just got a license in April 2005 when we moved here so again, I was caught off guard.

Question - is speeding in a school zone worse than a normal speeding ticket for both license points and insurance points? And does an expired license (4 months out of date) have any insurance points associated with it?

I went immediately from the traffic stop (with a friend driving me) to the license office and got my license renewed. I know this should help some when I go to court. My hope is that I can get the license charge dismissed (since I renewed) and that I can get my speeding ticket reduced to less than 10 mph over the limit so there won't be any imapct on my incurance (no other violations in the last 3 years for our family) - or since this was a school zone, am I going to need a prayer for judgement to get out of insurance points?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">