• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

socali

If i remember it right this might be what happened that day :eek:n freeway, a truck in front somehow braked real hard. As a chain reaction, everyone had to brake. I brake and had enough space, however, a quick glance at the rear mirror, i could tell that the car behind me was not. As an instinct, i doved to the left ( empty car pool lane) to avoid the collision from behind. Everything happened a slit second. Still shaken up ,I got back to the lane. Then i realized that the same truck now following me. They must think that i tried to cut them off using the car pool lane. They followed me for a quite distance. Somehow, i lot sign of the truck. After about 3 weeks, i got a letter from the police dept. ( not from the police angency where the incident was but from police agency about 1 hr away) with the list of violation codes. I called the office, and no one knows about the report made ( it was not in the computer system, i was told). They told me to contact the officer that send the notice. What should i do now? What are some legal issues that i may face and how to handle those? Thanks.
Worrying Socal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">