• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ach1963

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
I received a ticket for passing a stopped school. You do not have to tell me it was wrong i know this. It was 3 anes over from me on the opposite side of the street. I called to see how much the ticket would cost and was informed I must go before a judge. Now I have nothing on my driving record other than a ticket from 1997 for speeding in Florida. The judge sentenced me to 60 days jail time suspended, 2 years probation and a 315.00 fine. I could not understand then nor do I now why I got such a harsh sentence. I could get no one to give me any documentation to explain any of it or get them to tell me what this meant. A friend of mine suggested that they may have it down as a misdemeanor. I am very upset as I have never been arrested, or done anything wrong in my life. I just need some advice as to what I can do going forward and what this all means.

Thanks for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">