• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on careless driving ticket NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carelessdriver?

What is the name of your state?new jersey

I was driving at night and coming to a fork in the road trying to find route 9 south. The sign said go straight for route 9. I wasn't sure if that meant the left fork or right fork. The right fork had a traffic light so it seemed like that would be considered straight. I approached slowly, then at the last moment decided the left fork seemed a bit more straight. I took the left and that was when I got pulled over.

As soon as the officer came to me he said "I see you have 11 points." I explained to him what happened but he wrote the ticket anyway. He said he wasn't sure what I was trying to do. He thought I was "trying to pass someone up or something" but never actually said what I did wrong.

When he came back with ticket I told him again that I didn't know what I did wrong and reminded him that my license would be suspended if he gave me this ticket. He just snickered and said tell it to the judge and walked away without giving a chance to respond. Honestly, I was very nice to the officer and there was no reason for him to do that.

I guess my chances of having this thrown out are not very good .
Can I plea this to no points without hiring a lawyer.?
Can Driving school help?
Court date: March 22
It will probably be delayed when I call clerk for not guilty plea.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">