• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lloree

What is the name of your state? Texas

ok i recieved a letter today stating that I have a warrant out for my arrest from an expired license from 8 years ago ( 1997 ) . This was the first of my knowledge and letter stating that I had a warrant, the fine is 738.50. I do not recall this citation in Waco, Texas, but is has been some time. So, here is my question, Is this case Fightable? and how can I get it dismissed? I do not have the funds for an attorney or the fine. I have not entered in a plea yet.I have no idea what to do , can anyone please help me !

Last edited:

lwpat

Texas Warrant

Since you don't deny the ticket the following is assuming that they have the right person.

I have not entered in a plea yet
When you didn't show for court you were tried and found guilty. You gave up your right to enter a plea and have a trial. Case closed.

I do not have the funds for an attorney or the fine
Then your license is suspended and you are subject to arrest until you do. Some courts in Texas are using collection agencies so you want to avoid this if possible. Contact the court and see if you can make payments and they will stay the warrant. Do not drive until this is paid and you have reinstated your license with the DMV. Just paying the court does not reinstate your license.

Legal issues are like the weeds in my garden. Ignore them and they will only grow bigger and harder to get rid of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">