• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice for what to do about my traffic ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xxkari

Los Angeles, California

Hello, so about a month ago I was cited for a 4000a (Expired Registration), 16028a (No Insurance), and a 4462.5 (Registration Fraud).

I'm a first time offender and have never gone to court before.
My court date is tomorrow and what I want to ask is:
How should I present myself in court?
How much in fines am I looking at?
Is there any way to lower the amount I'll be fined?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

Los Angeles, California

Hello, so about a month ago I was cited for a 4000a (Expired Registration), 16028a (No Insurance), and a 4462.5 (Registration Fraud).

I'm a first time offender and have never gone to court before.
My court date is tomorrow and what I want to ask is:
How should I present myself in court?
How much in fines am I looking at?
Is there any way to lower the amount I'll be fined?

Thanks in advance!
4000a can be dismissed upon presenting proof of current registration (even if it is after the citation date) and after payment of a $10 court administration fee.
Otherwise you're looking at about $170+

16028a can also be dismissed after payment of a $10 administration fee but more importantly upon presenting proof of (minimum) liability insurance that was effective on or before the date of the citation. If you did not have coverage that was effective on or before the date of the citation but happened to purchase coverage after the citation date, some courts/Judges will reduce the fine by as much as 50%... Although it depepnds on the Judge.
Otherwise you're looking at about $680+

4462.5... I dont even wanna get into that one... What I will tell you is that this violation is a misdemeanor... Meaning it could be more than a fine... as in may include some jail time. The bail schedule shows a fine/bail amount of $150 but don't let that fool you. In case of a misdemeanor, the fine amount will be much more than that stated in the bail schedule...

Goooooooood Luck!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">