• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to clean up PA mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AAMorris

Pennsylvania is the state I am having a problem with but I have been living and licensed in NC for the past 10 years. I went to renew my driver license for the third time since I have been living in North Carolina and was told that PA had block on my license. MY first thought was "what kind of block I haven't lived there in twelve years" I called and request a copy of my PA record and it showed that my PA license was suspened in 1993 and expired in 1996 and my suspension never served and I told the DMV that I served my suspension when I sent in my license back in 1993 along with the form I signed. I was then told by the DMV I needed proof that I sent it in . This has been twelve years ago and there is noway in H___! I keep papers that long. Now what do I do NC will not renew my license and I can't seem to get PA to understand I sent my license in to the PA DMV 12 years ago. This block they have on me was not showing in NC the last two times I renewed my NC license. It sounds like someone in PA dropped the ball and do not do ther job and PA says that NC has been ignoring the block and NC says it was not there before when I renewed. Not what?????? Any advice please,

Last edited:

lwpat

Without knowing the specifics it is impossible to tell you what will satisfy PA. My suggestion would be to retain a PA attorney to request a hearing from the PA Department of Motor Vehicles. As states are updating their computer systems and reporting to the national database we are seeing more and more of these old situations. Unfortunately there is little you can do when dealing with the government except pay what they say you owe or hire an attorney.

Try the find an attorney link at the top of this site. If you can't find one there then send me an email and I can provide some more resources.

AAMorris

Thanks

:) Thanks for such a quick reply I trying looking for a attorney on line but I had no luck. I will try at the top and see what I can come up with Thanks again

AAMorris

Dauphin County

Harrisburg ,PA is in Dauphin County and there is no listing for this county can some point me to a lawyer in that county

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">