• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need DUS Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedygonzales

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I recently moved back to Ohio from Charlotte, Nc and from traffic offenses there had a block put on my license on the national registery. Well My license were suspened there in NC and somehow in Ohio also for a 12 Point violation.

My first driving under suspension case wasn't that severe in penalty becasue I explained to the judge that I was un aware of the suspension and was in the process of getting that resolved. I was let off with a fine.

During the course of attempting to find out how to resolve both suspensions I was pulled over again for speeding and had another county magistrate to face and explain my DUS situation. He let me off clearly stating that if I were to be pulled over again that I would serve time.

I have two jobs that last over from 6 pm to 6 am and I watch my child during the day. There is no way that I could not drive and take care of my daily responsiblities. Just this week I recieved the confirmation letter from both states saying that I resolved the issues of paying tickets and courts and DMVs and can go about getting my license out of suspension, but before I could do that I was pulled over again fro suposedly going over the median while driving down a country road in Highland county at night. Regardless I was caught driving under suspension again and need to know all that I can do to aviod jail time. I go to court friday and I'm not sure if this will help the situation at all but I am going to get my license situation taken care of this week. I have all the knowledge of what I have to do to get at least driving priviledges to and from work, it's all about money though and I'm now in a situation that is forcing me to break budgets to possibly aviod jail time.

I am asking for any advice to prevent me from going to jail from getting legal counsel to whatever is advised.

Thank you
Leadfoot LiggensWhat is the name of your state?

Just Blue

speedygonzales said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I recently moved back to Ohio from Charlotte, Nc and from traffic offenses there had a block put on my license on the national registery. Well My license were suspened there in NC and somehow in Ohio also for a 12 Point violation.

My first driving under suspension case wasn't that severe in penalty becasue I explained to the judge that I was un aware of the suspension and was in the process of getting that resolved. I was let off with a fine.

During the course of attempting to find out how to resolve both suspensions I was pulled over again for speeding and had another county magistrate to face and explain my DUS situation. He let me off clearly stating that if I were to be pulled over again that I would serve time.

I have two jobs that last over from 6 pm to 6 am and I watch my child during the day. There is no way that I could not drive and take care of my daily responsiblities. Just this week I recieved the confirmation letter from both states saying that I resolved the issues of paying tickets and courts and DMVs and can go about getting my license out of suspension, but before I could do that I was pulled over again fro suposedly going over the median while driving down a country road in Highland county at night. Regardless I was caught driving under suspension again and need to know all that I can do to aviod jail time. I go to court friday and I'm not sure if this will help the situation at all but I am going to get my license situation taken care of this week. I have all the knowledge of what I have to do to get at least driving priviledges to and from work, it's all about money though and I'm now in a situation that is forcing me to break budgets to possibly aviod jail time.

I am asking for any advice to prevent me from going to jail from getting legal counsel to whatever is advised.

Thank you
Leadfoot LiggensWhat is the name of your state?
Please tell me you don't drive with your child?? :eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You have had far too many chances. You will probably end up in jail and there is nothing pretty much anyone can do. And your license will be suspended again. Which doesn't seem to bother you since you drive without it anyway. You are definitely going to need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">