• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to get a revoked IL license reinstated from WA state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N3rdF4c3

I moved to Washington state (from IL) 7 years ago for work. At the time of the move, my license in IL had been revoked for missing a court ordered class (which followed paying off speeding tickets). I have no DUI's or accidents involving injuries of any kind. Just speeding tickets.

Prior to leaving I applied for an out of state permit and was denied. They gave me no reason for the denial. When I called the office, the person I spoke to said there was no reason I should have been denied and that I need to meet with an Informal Hearing Officer. I am only in the state once a year over the weekend and never during their business hours. How can I go about getting my IL state license reinstated asap so I can get my WA state license?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I moved to Washington state (from IL) 7 years ago for work. At the time of the move, my license in IL had been revoked for missing a court ordered class (which followed paying off speeding tickets). I have no DUI's or accidents involving injuries of any kind. Just speeding tickets.

Prior to leaving I applied for an out of state permit and was denied. They gave me no reason for the denial. When I called the office, the person I spoke to said there was no reason I should have been denied and that I need to meet with an Informal Hearing Officer. I am only in the state once a year over the weekend and never during their business hours. How can I go about getting my IL state license reinstated asap so I can get my WA state license?
What did the folks in IL tell you when you asked this question? I suspect that you will need to go there in person. Bring your checkbook and also plan for the contingency that you may be in jail because you chose to ignore the court's order. As an alternative, contact an IL attorney local to the court that issued the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">