• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with colorado law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackiepost

What is the name of your state? colorado
About 4/12 years ago I was pulled over while driving my husbands car.
I was cited for failure to wear a seatbelt speeding and false tags.
My husband and I were recently seperated and my car had broken down so he had agreed to let me use his to get back and forth to work.
I had no idea that the cars tags weren't legal! And after arguing with the ex I deduced there was no was he was going to come forward and say otherwise.
I went to the hearing for the citations and the judge then asked me if I would like to have an attorney and I said that I would. He then rescheduled the case. Before the hearing however after many problems with the ex I ended up leaving the state to get away from him before the hearing date.
I now have a bench warrent issued against me. My question is this....is there a statute of limitations? If not how much is this going to cost me? What are the possiblities of jail time? I have a clean record only one traffic ticket in my 30 years of driving! (not counting this one).
I currently reside in a state that doesn't check with other states for revoked licences but I'm afraid that if I get pulled over I'll be arrested.
Any advice and information will be gratefully appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">