• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with driving while suspended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmweaver2004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana.

Please give me some advice or help.... about 2 years ago I had a driving while suspended on my record and then after that I was given a court date but didnt have the money that I was needing to payoff my tickets so I failed to appear for the court date ( due to financial reasons)... I had been driving around on a suspended license and was going to get it taken care of after my taxes came back but 2 days ago I was pulled over for driving while suspended and arrested. Im out on bail and have to go to court on the 18th.... what should i do... get a lawyer? and how much time could i be seeing for this offense. never been arrested before. PLEASE HELP!!!:(

FlyingRon

A lawyer would be advisable. You have two driving while suspended charges, if I understand you correctly as well as a failure to appear on the prior one. That elevates the second one to a class A misdemeanor: one year in jail and/or $5000 fine. You can certainly count on *NOT* driving for a while as well. Willful and repeatedly driving under suspension.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And the whole "I was going to pay when I got my tax refund" is malarky. What happened to LAST YEAR'S refund? Or even the year before?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">