• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help immediately. Careless in MN.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnni

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hello all. Ok, Sat. night, I got pulled over for reckless or careless driving supposedly. The lady didn't ask for my license and registration. Took me out and put me in the back seat. Then asked for my name and license. They kicked my friend out of my car and made him walk half a block away and not look back. The officer than said I will get a ticket in the mail and that they were going to tow my car. I said, ok. Being that I'm young, I was nervous (19) and spoke quietly and calm. She told me to get out, everything would come in the mail and told me to give her my keys and walk away and dont look back. She drove my car away. She said it'd be towed, but she drove it off in front of me and 6 other witnesses. The other squad car followed her. No tow truck came, she drove my car off. She didn't even state where my car was going to be impounded. So, I looked up the number to impound lots in the area of the scene where I got pulled over. Asked for my car, they have it about 3 hours later. I went to go get it next day, my car won't start, dash and wires ripped out. The impound lot clerks said it came on a tow truck. But she clearly drove my car away!! It's a new car I just bought, have insurance and I had to pay $120 for impound fee and another $110 to tow it to a shop. Now, it costs $1500 to fix because they ripped my ECU apart. I made sure the clerks sign a piece of paper stating that, "Before my car left the lot, it didn't start" and signed it. I told them my situation. I called tow truck and had to towed somewhere. I mean, commen sense, if I could get my car to work, I'd drive it off. I have a copy of the tow truck receipt too, just in case. They also have this piece of paper that had everything on it, officer name and squad car number. They wouldn't give me any info. Another clerk gave me the squad car number. The first clerk said it was police confidentially and they could get fired. So, wont the 2nd clerk be terminated for giving me a sqaud car number? I thought it was my right to know who pulled me over. So, today, Monday, I called the "blank" police deptartment, they thought I was dumb, I had no case number, no nothing, and finally they transferred me to records. I got my case number, officer name. Called the central office, the officer who picked up the phone said the officer is not there and what is my business with her? Told him my story. He said that has nothing to do with the officer. I said, nicely and calm, so the officer drove my car away from me and infront of witnesses, and now it wont start? it's a new car. he yelled at me and said, take it up with the city, it has nothing to do with the officer and hung up on me.

Is this right?? A cop drove my car off and even there own officers at the Dept. and Impound lot saying Cops dont drive cars away. I'm 19 and wasn't under any influences! Please help. I am out $230 for this whole situation and another $1500 i cant afford. And maybe a ticket i dont even know if i have or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">