• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with a ticket question!!!help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonesy0130

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia

i was driving on 66 east and a pack of custom sports cars go flying past me. I am on my motorcycle. The cars had to be doing 90+ and the state police officer pulls out and pulls me over saying that i was going 90 in a 55. There was no way that I was going that fast and i think he got the other cars and not me. what can i do to fight this??

Hey There

A start

jonesy0130

For information on contesting a speeding ticket type in Google and click on the following websites:
Speeding Ticket FAQ
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining

Speed detection is determined by Pacing, VASCAR, Radar
A librarian may help you locate a book or two on fighting a speeding ticket.
Some lawyers give a one time consultation for free or for a small fee.
Google How to hire a lawyer
VA. Courts

Virginia General District Court typed in on Google will bring up websites with information on court rules for traffic tickets.
If the defendant is ruled against he may request a New Trial to the Circuit Court with a jury.

35 mph over the speed limit in VA. carries 6 points and remains on the driver's licence for 5 years
Google VA. Motor Vehicle Laws Title 46.2 (Source)

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">