• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need lawyer in Spotsylvania VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chouchane1

What is the name of your state? Salem, VA

Hi,

I got a ticket for reckless speeding (95/65) on I-95 spotsylvania VA. I do not have any violation in VA, bt have one, 6 years ago in NY. I need a lawyer to represent me.
I was told that in spotsylvania court, there is no prosecutor, only the jugde will decide. Which mean there are no possibilities of pleabargain. Also that judges in spotsylvania stopped requiring driving schools.
Is this true?
I would appreciare any input.

Thanks you.

homillerlaw

Spotsylvania RD

In most Virginia juridictions, the Commonwealth's attorney will not be actively involved in the trial of the case, just the police officer. However, they are typically in the courtroom to make sure that all the elements of the offense are proven. For this reason, the Commonwealth's Attorney is typically available to negotiate with prior to the case going to trial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">