• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vladalive

What is the name of your state? NYI am resident of New York.

My friend lives in Fair Lawn, NJ ( bergen county)

We agreed that I would drive to his house on September 16, 2002 to go fishing to some huge lake in ringwood,nj. I parked my car on a street under a tree, by the time we were ready to go my windshield had bird poop all over it, wipers didnt help, so i simple filled like gallon container with water and washed it all with sponge. Than we were out on front porcht getting our bait and tackles ready, all of sudden fair lawn cop pulls up it obvious that he profiled me cause he saw new york plates on my car and all other cars had nj plates, he left than about 15min later he comes back comes out of his car asks who's car parked there. I told it was mine, he asked for my driver licence went back to his car to run me and plates everything was ok, he didnt ask for registration or anything, i wasn't near the car or driving it so he couldn't give me any motor vehicle violations. He asks me why there is water on the car, i without thinking told him i washed windshield because I had nothing to hide. He goes back to his car without saying word, comes back with summon for water restriction, says so there water restrictions and i can't give you any warnins go see the judge to find out the amount you fined. I went to court yesterday pleaded not guilty, there 55 people and out 55 ,50 were there for water restrictions but all of them fair lawn residents got tickets for watering lawn with sprinkles when they got e-mails and letters on august 20 about water restriction policies. Judge was not wanting to hear my story at all, just said go pay $80 like everyone else, $50 fine and $30 court fee. If I go through appeal court of bergen county i might get some ******* judge who knows other one and end up paying even more court fee's. Is there any laws in NY or NJ that protect me, can I contact dept of environment of nj for exception or should i contact governors or senators. it's just matter of principle for me to find out if there is anything I can do, to my knoweledge i didn't violate any laws and i wasn't aware of any water restrictions.

too bad i found this site too late

http://www.users.nac.net/thelaw/nj/appeal.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">