• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a NJ Statute Number for Contesting a Traffic Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecs

What is the name of your state? NJ

In doing research to contest a traffic ticket in NJ (failure to stop at stop sign) I came across this:

"A state law that permits plea-bargaining of motor vehicle violations in municipal courts was passed four years ago (which would be approx. 2000). Drivers can plead guilty twice over a five-year period to operating a car in an unsafe manner before incurring any points or surcharges."

What is the NJ statute number for this law? I would like to read the statute. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

Read the full article that you quoted and you'll know why using that municipal ordinance (not state law) is no longer allowed.

ecs

Thanks, but - - -

Thanks, but I am not asking about or concerned with a municipal ordinance - I am asking for the statute number of the state law referenced in my first post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">