• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a strategy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaleVanHorn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live inCalifornia.
I"ve managed to have been cited numerous (over 10) times over the past couple years. The citations were issued by numerous law enforcement agencies, in numerous different districts in Los Angeles County. All were infractions under the vehicle code.
I basically have ignored all of these matters and failed to appear in court to answer to them.
I do know that on some of the matters a bench warrant has been issued for FTA and on others not however they are still outstanding.
One of these matters I have already litigated and am in the process of satisfying court compliance.
It is my desire to address these issues and I wish to do so intelligently.
I have no money to pay any fines and have recently lost my job which has left me with no money but an adundancy of time so I am considering turning myself in on one of the bench warrants and opting for jail time to satisfy any monetary penalties and thus put associated matter to bed, and so on, and so forth with respect to the other un-resolved matters.
In other words I would like to handle all of these matters in basically the same way, and ultimately put them all behind me.
Of course I want to accomplish the end results with as little expense and or sacrifice as possible.
The best case scenario that I can envision is that I turn myself in on one matter, opt for the jail time for restitution, during which time I address all of the other matters, satisfy whatever restitution is required in one fell and swoop, and ultimately walk out of jail having answered to and complied with each and every one.
Am I making any sense here?
If so, does this sound like an intelligent strategy?
Are ther any other viable strategies I might employ in order to acheive the desired resluts?

justalayman

jail time for restitution? Haven't heard about that as a possibility.

On top of everything else, it would be the courts discretion to allow it, if it is possible, and given the cost of incarcerating a person, the debt load on the state, and the overcrowding of jails, I suspect it is not likely to be given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">