• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neon lights under the car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdaymonii

clawson, michigan i have neon lights under my car. i was pulling out of work one day and got pulled over within 30seconds because i had on neon lights on under my car. they gave me a ticket for improper use of lights. is this for real? what is the law that says you can not have lights under your car?! is there such a law? anything info you can give me would be much appreciated. ~kevin:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kdaymonii said:
clawson, michigan i have neon lights under my car. i was pulling out of work one day and got pulled over within 30seconds because i had on neon lights on under my car. they gave me a ticket for improper use of lights. is this for real? what is the law that says you can not have lights under your car?! is there such a law? anything info you can give me would be much appreciated. ~kevin:confused:
My response:

Please give us the Statute or other violation number for this "offense" written on your citation.

IAAL

S

sac11550

its called unlawful lights. you area not allowed to put such lights on your car anywhere. in most states it is only a fix a ticket and small fee, $10-$20.

muneeb1987

where to get Neon Under car lights installed?

could any one please tell me where can i get these under car neon lights installed in Michigan mainly Detroit? and how much usually they charge? thanks

CdwJava

could any one please tell me where can i get these under car neon lights installed in Michigan mainly Detroit? and how much usually they charge? thanks
Please start your own thread ... this one is 6 1/2 years old.

AND, this is not an automotive repair site.

- Carl

quincy

But, to answer the original question posted here in 2001 ;), if you install neon lights, or even have a neon light license plate frame, and these lights are lit while driving, you violate Michigan's Vehicle Code (see Chapter 6).

If installed on your vehicle (and this includes under car, license plate, and any interior lights such as dashboard neon lights), these neon lights MUST remain covered and unlit while on any Michigan roadway. See MCL 257.698.

Only white and amber lights are allowed in the front of the vehicle and only red and amber lights are allowed in the back of the vehicle. Only those lights that are required and permitted under the vehicle code are allowed, and no other colored lights of any kind are allowed to show on a vehicle (with emergency vehicle exceptions).

So, if you DO locate an auto shop in the Detroit area that will install neon lighting on the underside of your car, you will be able to enjoy and admire the lights while sitting in your garage. :cool:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">