• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Issued a ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tke229

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was pulled over by a police officer. I gave him my licence and he returned to his cruiser. He came back, handed my license back, and said he had a call he had to go to. I assumed that I was let off. This is NOT a case of me refusing to sign a ticket. I was never presented one.

I found out 2 months later that the officer must have still processed the ticket by a letter in the mail informing me of a warrent for my arrest due to not appearing in court. I rescheduled the court date and the warrent was dropped. I acquired a copy of the ticket from the court offices. It looks like a computer generated copy of the ticket. There was no handwriting on it. Also, my signature (obviously) and the officers signature was not on my copy.

I wanted to know if I had any grounds for dismissal? If so, is it governed by written law or covered by caselaw? And, what is that case law?

Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">