• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never received a Supplemental Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anserine

The ass raping state of NY

About a year and a half ago I was the recipient of a ticket stating I made an illegal right on red. I read the ticket up and down several times and sent the ticket in pleading not guilty. On the back of the ticket it stated i had the right to a supplemental depostion and i should sign the back of the ticket if i requested it. The Nassau County court system being what it is finally got back to me with a "Conference date" for August of this year. I never received the deposition. I called them and they told me I can do one of 3 things

1) go in on the day of my conference and plead the charge down (which is what i was goin to do to begin with)

2) go in the day of my conference and ask for a dismissal because I never received my depostion

3) seek council and have him write up a motion for dismissal

question: if i seek council and have him write up the motion for me, will he have to present it at the conference or would i just bring it?

question: what is the usual cost to have an attorney write up a motion for dismissal?

Any other suggestions or info would be great

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">