• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never received ticket, received letter from collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karinpienaar

Superior Court Of California, County of Los Angeles, Van Nuys Court

I received a Civil Assessment Notice on a citation that I never received in the first place.

I called GC Services which is the collection agency noted on the letter. They informed me that they have not received any information from the court yet. I've informed them the address on the letter had my street address on but not my home number and I assume that might be the reason why I never received the ticket.

What is the best way to go about this?
2n part of my question:
I didn't question the ticket as I didn't really run the red light. I know it sounds strange, but you get a light, then a bus lane and immediately a light again. It was raining, I was not familiar with the road and stopped at lane passed the bus lane. Obviously this light is very confusing as another car did exactly the same thing as me and stopped right behind me. The court must have the 2 cars (Mine and the other car) also on camera as my car should be still in their photo as I did stop.

Any suggestions / advise would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you so much for your time in advance!

CdwJava

So, this was a result of a red light ticket?

Is your "house number" on your vehicle's registration - or was it at the time of the citation?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">