• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New jersey moving violation-failure to stop or yield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kn_2989

So I got a ticket for failure to acknowledge a stop or yield sign and I just realized that the cop messed up the time that it happened on the ticket. It actually happened aroud 1030 but the ticket says i committed the crime at 730 and I was at work during the time and I have a work time stub to prove it. If I go to court can I get the ticket dismissed??

I found this on the internet but not sure if it's true or if it applies to state of NJ:

The only things that invalidate a citation is wrong name, wrong car information, wrong location or wrong time. Other than that other errors are not considered to invalidate the citation.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The officer can probably amend the ticket in court prior to trial if he realizes that he made a mistake.

That seems like s strange mistake - are you sure your copy is perfect legible?

Kn_2989

The officer can probably amend the ticket in court prior to trial if he realizes that he made a mistake.

That seems like s strange mistake - are you sure your copy is perfect legible?
Yes it's perfectly legible because it's an electronic copy/ticket.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well then if you can prove you couldn't have been there then go for a trial and take a chance that the officer won't realize the mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">