• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York /Seatbelt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

khvair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York City (Brooklyn)

I was driving, I stop at a light. I had people with me in the back with 2 kids both 10 yrs old. At the light there was a police car that stop and one of the kid lean forward to look. The officier looked our way. The light turn green after a while I proceed to drive a little while later the siren go on and I stop. The officer come to me and ask me where i cmoing from and who are the people , which I explained they are friends, then he ask me the age of the children and my relationship.

The officer did not check the back at all, even though the kids had no belt on.The officer took my license and registerion and after quite a while brought it back with two ticket for each child.

My First name is spelled wrong.Beside that is there anyway i can get this ticket dismissed . I never gotten a ticket before in my years of driving.

I took the ticket the officer asked me if i have any question I said no. Then he ask me again. I said no and then a third time if I am sure if I do not have any question i said no . Then the offcier quickly drove away???

Please let me know.

moburkes

You say there are 2 tickets for each child, but you don't say what the tickets are for. Your title mentions seatbelts, and you state the children didn't have on seatbelts. It doesn't appear that English is your first language, but you have to be more specific if you'd like assistance.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I doubt that you got two tickets for each child.

So you had 4 people in the back seat?

The spelling error is not relevant to anything.

If you got a ticket for each child being unrestrained than that will cost you a minimum of $180 plus 6 points on your license.

What exactly are you asking for? You are apparently guilty since you admitted as much.

khvair

Seatbelt

The tickets states:

Passenger in rear w/o S.B. under 16yrs wehicle in motion (10yrs).

I am trying to see if this ticket can get dismissed. I never gotten a ticket before.

Yes two ticket because a child was female and the other one was male.

Also on techically base first name is written wrong spelling and the color of the vechicle is Grey when it is actually Beige.

Now the officier did mention safety restraint/seat which i know a child under 7 in new york must have on . So there is a difference between safety restraint and seat belt. How can a 10 yrs old child be on safety seat???

By this hopefully it might get dismissed....

moburkes

You previously said EACH child received 2 tickets. Now are you saying they each received a single ticket?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The tickets states:

Passenger in rear w/o S.B. under 16yrs wehicle in motion (10yrs).

I am trying to see if this ticket can get dismissed. I never gotten a ticket before.
No, it won't get dismissed. For what reason do you think you have a chance? Because you never got a ticket before??

Also on techically base first name is written wrong spelling and the color of the vechicle is Grey when it is actually Beige.
Neither of those factors will result in a dismissal. The color of the car is basically irrelevent and a mistake on your first name doesn't mean much if the rest of the identifying information is correct.

Now the officier did mention safety restraint/seat which i know a child under 7 in new york must have on . So there is a difference between safety restraint and seat belt. How can a 10 yrs old child be on safety seat???

By this hopefully it might get dismissed....
Sigh... no it won't.

A seat belt is a type of restraint. All rear seat passengers under the age of 16 must be properly restrained - with either a safety seat, booster seat, or seat belt depending on their actual age and weight.

In your case it doesn't matter - they were both 10 years old and had no type of restraint in use at all.

Shame on you for endangering those children. Learn your lesson and do the right thing from now on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">