• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NH Court Date for Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geoff5093

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I've read pages and pages here and I know that most of the people are driving excessively and want to get out of their ticket. Now if anyone remembers, I did post a thread a while back when this incident occurred, however with the court date nearing, I had a few questions.

First, i'm not trying to get out of the ticket completely, which was going 65 in a 45 zone where a major 2-lane divided highway was nearing the end. Note that there were currently no cars around when I was pulled over.

Anywho, I had a few questions. I've searched high and low on the internet, reading regulations, laws, etc, and I never found a sure fire answer. If one is under 21 (I'm 19), does that automatically mean you get a 20 day suspension, or is the suspension fully based on what the judge/prosecutor feels based on the circumstances? Also, if I go to court and get a suspension, is that effective from that day on, or would I have 10 days notice or something similar?

I know people my age that have just received a fine, while others received a suspension, and others get off with a "if you get no tickets for the following year, the ticket will be erased".

FlyingRon

Do you have any points now?
Your best bet is to see if you can offer traffic school in lieu of higher sanctions.
Follow SeniorJudge's rules for how to behave in court.

geoff5093

Do you have any points now?
Your best bet is to see if you can offer traffic school in lieu of higher sanctions.
Follow SeniorJudge's rules for how to behave in court.
I do not have any points yet, i've only been pulled over once before for having too much snow on the windows (just a warning).

I've heard about traffic school, would it be better to take the course before the date, or say I will take it in ASAP, during the hearing?

I've read his rules for how to behave, and I plan on doing everything he said, thanks for the advice so far!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">