• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Driver- Speeding ticket NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uvivek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Hi,

Couple of weeks back i got a speeding ticket in Cortland town of NY.I was 83 on 65.I have a NJ driver's license.I am totally clueless on how to proceed on this? What are the different options i have ? This is my first time!!Any help on this shall be truly appreciated.

racer72

You should treat it as a ticket from your home state. You can pay it or fight it. Google States Driver's License Compact for more info.

FlyingRon

I'm not sure what racer's first statement means. To fight it, you have to fight it in NY. Your NJ status means nothing.

Out of state violations are all 2 points in NJ regardless of how many points they would have been if you had done it in NJ.

uvivek

Thanks Guys for your response.I actually cannot go fight the ticket since it is 4 hrs away from where i live.What are the effects i can have if i take the two pt hit on my license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">