• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ- driving with expired license fine question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chojna

What is the name of your state? NJ

What is the fine for driving with expired license ? Is there any points for that ?
Surcharge ?
I was driving in Passaic county ,City - Passaic

xylene

Exact charge?

39:3-10 (Driving without a License) ?

If you do not have a valid license or if you have an expired license, you may be charged with driving without a license which could bring a penalty of over $200.00 in fines and Court costs, plus, you may not be able to get a license for at least six months after the date of your conviction.

chojna

39:3-10 Driving with an expired license

I was driving with MI license in NJ -previously I have NJ but I switched to MI .. so very "nice" police man gives me a ticket for expired NJ license even I don’t have it anymore. I have called few lawyers and they have said : Passaic police and judge do not accept/recognize MI license .
I guess I have to get a lawyer because I may get a surcharge as penalty . It is a shame because the ticket is only 55 $ …Lawyer will cost me around 300 $

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">