• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ Fail to stop for a schoolbus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JerseyW

Wayne NJ Fail to stop for a schoolbus

Please help! I was driving down a four-lane street in Wayne, New Jersey and the bus had stopped on the opposite side. I did not stop and got a ticket. What's my best defense? I have a clean driving record and have never been pulled over before. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

lwpat

School Bus Ticket

Failure to stop for a school bus is a serious offense with a hefty fine and insurance increase. Your defense would depend on what type of median separated the four lane. My advice would be to take pictures of the area and then consult with an attorney.

NJ has a law where you can pay 250 plus the fine and a speeding ticket will not be posted to your record. Depending on the circumstances an attorney may be able to negotiate this for you. Try the find an attorney link at the top of the page. Only if no one is listed in your area email me and I can provide some more resources or you can check with the Bar Association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">