• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ: Need some legal advice - Got a ticket for speeding 91 in 65!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taha

What is the name of your state? NJ

I was driving on the NJ turnpike like every morning in my 95 Ford Taurus. I was on the left most lane (because the trucks usually take up the other lanes and ice falls from there trucks all the time). I noticed in my mirror that a Ford Mustang was coming behind really really fast. It looked like he wasn't going to stop so I changed lanes and got behind this other car. The Mustang passed and right behind it a BMW flew by. I go back to the left most lane and I'm driving, then this state tropper pulls me over.
He said I was doing 91 in a 65. I asked are you sure that's me because my car goes up to 80 and starts shaking really bad. He's like yeah I saw you and caught ur speed on the radar. I asked him maybe it was the mustang or the beemer that flew by.

Whatever, I got the ticket and it's for $200+. Since I was in 65 MPH Zone, the ticket doubles. And then there's 4 points. What can I do? Get a lawyer maybe?

Someone give some advice. My car don't even go that fast, it's a hooptie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">