• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Auto insurance and failure to stop at a sign in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chief_Chuck

I was stoped on 6-11-09 at 8:40pm in Sacramento, California for failure to stop at stop sign. My insurance had lasped and I told the officer I was insured but just had no proof so I was gave a fix it ticket. At 11:46 pm of the night I got the ticket I bought a 6 month insurance plan. I told the insurance company I had no tickets and had coverage for 3 years. This is my 1st ticket in 21 years of driving! What I want to know is....

1: What should I do in court or before court.
2: Will I have to file a sr22 if found guilty
3: What will likely be my fine.
4: Anthing else you can add would be helpful!!!!

I_Got_Banned

1: What should I do in court or before court.
You have pretty much done all you can... While you're getting insurance after the fact will not get your insurance violation dismissed, presenting proof that you do have coverage might get you a slight reduction of that fine.

2: Will I have to file a sr22 if found guilty
Not likely.

3: What will likely be my fine.
I'm unclear as to whether you were also cited for the Stop Sign violation but here are the fines for both:
The fine for failing to stop at a “Stop Sign” is approximately $201 (may vary slightly by county).
The fine for failing to provide proof of financial responsibility is $815 ( may vary slightly by county) although like I said, you might see a slight reduction in that since you are now insured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">