• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Charge Described on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjjj

What is the name of your state?
VA

I had a speeding ticket and due for court this tuesday. On my ticket, there was an indication of a law section but no charges were describe on my ticket. What rights do I have? Can this be dismissed because no charges were described on the summon?

Legal Eyes

bjjj said:
What is the name of your state?
VA

I had a speeding ticket and due for court this tuesday. On my ticket, there was an indication of a law section but no charges were describe on my ticket. What rights do I have? Can this be dismissed because no charges were described on the summon?

My response:

A "ticket," when signed, is merely a promise by you to appear in court. If you want a trial, that's when an ADA will file and serve a Complaint. It's the "Complaint" that's a "Notice" document, and it's that document which will tell you everything you need to know.

Then, you can fight your case.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">