• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Compact Law participating states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naturalmamma

What is the name of your state? COLORADO

I am wondering what states do NOT participate in the No Compact Law? :confused: My sweetheart lost his licence for 5 years :eek: due to too much speeding and not enough follow-up on tickets. I will move ANYWHERE for him to have a license since he is a mechanic and this has drastically altered our life!!

Thanks in advance!;)

racer72

There are a couple of states that do not officially belong to the States Driver's License Compact and/or Non Resident Violators Compact but all exchange violators information. In fact, obtaining a license in one state while having a suspension in another is a crime in its self in many states.

naturalmamma

Thank you for your fast reply! I am sure it is illegal in most stated to aquire a license when another state has deemed you unworthy but I am wondering which states do not care. Do you know?

racer72 said:
There are a couple of states that do not officially belong to the States Driver's License Compact and/or Non Resident Violators Compact but all exchange violators information. In fact, obtaining a license in one state while having a suspension in another is a crime in its self in many states.

Betty

There are very few states that are not a part of the Interstate Driver's License Compact. The ones that are not still require you to qualify for a license under their law. They also usually require things like being a resident for a certain period of time, and/or having employment in the state, & not having driven in their state for a certain length of time if your license is suspended in another state.

sukharev

well your sweetheart has at least 2 choices:

1) Move into apartment next to garage
2) Move to Canada

Ah, one more: join Marines...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">