• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no DL proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

querida

Florida
Although I had a DL, I lost it a couple of days before I was pulled over. I got a ticket for not displaying a proof of DL. I took a lawyer who asked me to send a copy of my DL asap. I am in the process of redoing it.But because I had an out of state license (NE) that I am converting to a FL one, it is taking a while. I have to do my passport first, which is a quite long process. Court date is set up in 2 weeks. How do I prove that although I lost my DL, I do have a valid one? I ask my lawyer if a letter from the DMV would work and he said It won't.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Florida
Although I had a DL, I lost it a couple of days before I was pulled over.
And then did what about it? You should have reported it to the police and to your DMV in Nebraska and request a duplicate. How long have you been living in Florida?

Florida
I am in the process of redoing it.
Redoing what???

Florida
I have to do my passport first, which is a quite long process.
What do you mean by "do my passport"? Do you have ANY government issued photo identification at all?

Florida
How do I prove that although I lost my DL, I do have a valid one?
You can't prove you lost it. You should have reported it lost and you'd have some type of proof.

If you have valid ID then your local police or the court may be able to do a license check on you in Nebraska that shows that you have a valid Nebraska license.

Florida
I ask my lawyer if a letter from the DMV would work and he said It won't.
Did he say why not? I would think that an official letter from the Nebraska DMV should be sufficient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">